What's in a name..........

What's in a name..........

Monday, January 10, 2011

The beginning.....


Hello!  Thanks for stopping by.  My name is LisaAnn Lowry-Johnson and this blog is about my life long "need to create".  I will, on occasion, get off topic and mention current events or other interesting tidbits....please bare with me because my mind has a tendency to roam and my mouth to ramble in my old age!!   I have practiced and mastered to a certain level many types of textile arts including crewel and cotton thread embroidery, candlewicking, counted cross stitch, simple sewing projects, quilting, and knitting............
 


Having completed my first crewel embroidery project at age eight-see photo, creative endeavors have been a common thread through out my life.  I was taught and inspired by my mother, Joan Patterson-Lowry and my aunt, Loretta Martin-Patterson.  Both of these ladies practiced various forms of needle arts.  Mom embroidered, crocheted, quilted and sewed.  My aunt Loretta was an accomplished knitter among other talents.  She taught me to knit when I was in my early teens- a craft I have recently re-embraced.

I made my first quilt in 7th grade-an Amish Shadow Block.  Designed and sewed my own clothes throughout high school and furnished my first home with many of my own creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment