What's in a name..........

What's in a name..........

Thursday, February 17, 2011

February is almost over!

School desk painted by me and my daughter, Holly.



I wrote the color names and Holly traced them with a paint pen.  She was 4 years old when we did this. 
This sign I made for my best friend as a wedding present...she married a hot latin guy!

"Time Flies"......It sure does...this was a thrift store clock spruced up a bit..... 

I was into pigs a while back...This one was painted in an Americana theme, purchased at a local craft sale.  The lady who sold it to me claimed that it was safe to display outside....the flag she so lovingly painted on it came off in about a week...so I gave it the creative touch!

These canisters where also a thrift store find...your typical brown wooden 70's style......Now a colorful coffee theme.................



I can't believe it's already February 17....where has the month gone???   I would like to say that I've been super busy with projects and have oodles of great things to share with you...well I have been busy....sorta.  For the last few years my creative need has been directed toward painting reclaimed objects.  I like to think that in my small way I am helping with the "Green" movement by taking old, out of date items and giving them new life...with a little paint and lots of patience...I'm not that good!  I have been painting, however in true Lisa(me) fashion I have not completed anything!  I seem to really enjoy starting projects-planning things out, gathering up supplies........finishing things and displaying with pride...not so much!  Well the items I do finish I do display with pride.....such as my "Time Flies" clock.  Here are a few pics of  the things I HAVE finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment